In case you didn’t know, today is the greatest day of the year: IT’S NATIONAL AG DAY! Whether you are directly involved in agriculture or not, here are 5 ways that you can celebrate today:
- Thank a farmer! Even if you don’t know any personally, social media makes it pretty easy to reach out and thank a member of the farming community!
- Learn 1 fact about food or farming today. There is a plethora of information out there, go take advantage of it! (Just make sure you are getting your info from a credible source.)
- This is as good a reason as any to bust out your best pair of overalls and wear them to work! (Extra points if you have a straw hat, too.)
- Read the label at the gas pump when you’re getting fuel! Are you filling up with a 10% blend of ethanol? If you have access to E-15 (and your car is newer than 2001), fuel up with that higher blend! That comes from the corn you see growing right here in Illinois!
- When you’re eating dinner tonight, say a little thanks. We are so lucky to have access to a safe and abundant food supply, it can be easy to take it for granted. Take a moment to reflect on that today and be thankful!
Happy Ag Day!