Car: No. 09 American Ethanol Toyota Camry
Race 9 of 34: Bubba Burger 250 at Richmond International Raceway
Event Info: Friday, April 29, 2011, Live on SPEED at 7:30PM EST and MRN at 7:15PM EST
Farmer advocate…Kenny Wallace is agriculture’s newest advocate. He’s been chosen to represent not only “American Ethanol” but also the multi-state “Family Farmers” coalition. The Family Farmers car has already run in Phoenix and Talladega. It’s next stop is the May 28 NASCAR Nationwide Series race in Charlotte. From there, Kenny will bring the Family Farmers car to Joliet’s Chicagoland Speedway on June 4 and September 17. Kenny drove the “American Ethanol” car in Texas just a couple weekends ago.
Rumble in Richmond…This week the RAB Racing with Brack Maggard team and Kenny Wallace will cross the Virginia state line en route to Richmond International Raceway (RIR) to compete in the NNS Bubba Burger 250 on Friday night. Making the ninth appearance in 2011 on the NASCAR circuit this weekend, Wallace will continue the hunt to capture his elusive 10th career win in the Nationwide Series. Fresh off a 12th place finish at Nashville Superspeedway last weekend in the Nashville 300, Wallace and the RAB Racing team are ready to lead the field in the No. 09 American Ethanol Toyota Camry and make their way to victory lane for the first time in 2011.
Keeping Tabs…With eight races now complete on the 2011 Nationwide Series schedule, Kenny Wallace has become a fixture in the NNS driver point standings top-10. Occupying the ninth position for the third consecutive week, Wallace is only 12 points behind the eighth position and 44 points from the top-5.
- At 47, Wallace has competed in 57 total events at Richmond International Raceway throughout his career in NASCAR’s top-three racing divisions.
- Wallace will make his 33rd career-start Friday night when he tightens his belts and focuses on earning his fourth Nationwide Series victory at the Virginia short-track. Wallace scored his three Richmond victories in four events during the 1994-1996 seasons.
- During his career, Wallace has completed every NNS race he has started on the .75-mile D-shaped oval track, accumulating three wins, nine top-5 and 17 top-10 finishes.
- RAB Racing with Brack Maggard will make its fourth start in the Nationwide Series this weekend at RIR.
- RAB Racing engineer, Cliff Daniels, returns to his home state this week. A native of Smithfield, Virginia, Daniels is no stranger to racing, growing up only an hour from RIR and having himself competed in several racing divisions including bandoleros, legends and late models.
Welcome Back…American Ethanol will make its second appearance this season as primary sponsor on the No. 09 RAB Racing Toyota Camry. American Ethanol made its debut on the RAB Racing machine in April 2011 at Texas Motor Speedway. American Ethanol’s profile will be front and center and seen by thousands of fans as American Ethanol helps take NASCAR’s environmental commitment to the next level. The efforts of NASCAR and American Ethanol are projected to expose 80 million people to the benefits of ethanol and link millions of American farmers with the sport of NASCAR.
The “fans” have spoken… Wallace will drive the No. 09 Toyota Camry supported by fans from around the world in October’s Nationwide Series event at Charlotte Motor Speedway. For $20, fans can get their name on Wallace’s No. 09 RAB Racing Toyota Camry and receive a postcard. In addition to fan support, the University of Northwestern Ohio will be featured on the hood for the memorable event. For more information, please visit www.kennywallace.com.
Can’t get enough…
Follow Kenny on Twitter: http://twitter.com/kenny_wallace
Follow RAB Racing with Brack Maggard on Twitter: http://twitter.com/RAB_Racing
Become a fan of RAB Racing with Brack Maggard on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RABRacing